Name: Ryan Gregson
Greatest Achievement: Australian 1500m record holder
1. What does a typical day look like in your life?
- Eat, run, recover, eat, rest, study, gym, run, eat, TV, sleep.
2. How often and what type of training do you do?
- I train twice or 3 times a day. Training involves hard running sessions, moderate effort longer runs, easy shorter runs, pool and bike sessions, gym work, and Pilates.
3. What’s your go to meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
- Breakfast: Banana and slice of toast with raspberry jam.
- Lunch: Beans or eggs and veggies on toast, with Weet-Bix as a side dish.
- Dinner: I try to eat a wide range of different foods and mix it up as much as I can.
4. How important do you believe nutrition is in achieving your goals and why?
- It gives us fuel, and it’s also important for distance runners to not be overweight.
5. What’s your secret food addiction/ habit?
- I really like lollies. Every house should have a lolly jar.
6. If you were stranded on an island and you could only take one food with you what would you take?
- Steak. I don’t really like steak but it would hopefully give me strength to survive for awhile.
7. What is your specialty recipe/meal?
- Penne Amatriciana.
8.What do you always have with you in carry on luggage when you travel by air?
- Endura Optimizer and Rehydration drink powder and Endura Pro Body Bars.
9. If you could relate yourself to a specific food what would you be?
A meat pie with tomato sauce. Because I’m Australian and simple.
10. What would your three favourite health and wellness tips be?
- Don’t let yourself go hungry. Treat yourself every now and then instead of binging on bad food. Try and combine your exercise with meeting up with friends, as this kills 2 birds with 1 stone.
If you dont know Greggo here’s a video showing a bit of his upbeat personality and his amazing athletics abilities!